My Working Process
Here’s a look at my e-design process, so you can see how streamlined and simple it really is!
Fill in the client questionnaire with details of your space to gather information about your project requirements, your design goals and what you envision for your space.
2. Design Prep
You take measurements and photographs of your space for me. Share your inspiration photos and –in addition to the things you want to keep.
I create space plan, design and colour concepts, furniture and finish selections that fit the functional and aesthetic needs of your space.
4. Final Plan
You receive the final plan of your space layout with shopping list and tips that will serve as a do-it-yourself guide to implementing the design yourself!
HOW TO TAKE ROOM MEASUREMENTS
- Draw the floor plan of the room on clean white paper. It does not have to be exactly to scale.
- Measure the full length and width of the room and record those dimensions on the drawing. Please try to be as precise as possible, moving obstacles to get accurate measurements.
- Add in detail measurements, including doors, windows, built-ins, radiators, light fixtures and outlets.
- Make sure to include height and width, as well as depth where applicable. For doors and windows, include the molding in with the door or window measurement.
- Measure and note ceiling height.
HOW TO PHOTOGRAPH YOUR ROOM
- Take photos during the day.
- Turn on all lights.
- Remove clutter.
- Take a photo from every angle (each corner and each wall) of the room.
- Try to capture part of the floor and ceiling in each photo.
- Take a photo of any furniture you want to keep in the room.